Call for the post of Artistic Director
LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial has launched an international call for the post of Artistic Director. Applications should be sent, before 00 pm 28 August 2015
LABoral is seeking an Artistic Director who is a professional with broad experience in the field of the arts, with international prestige, and ready to continue developing a project that is unique and pioneering by definition, in accordance with its strategic plan.
– Holder of a university degree, with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
– Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience in the field of contemporary art, technology, and industrial creation.
– Demonstrated outstanding trajectory and experience in the various areas of contemporary artistic practise: production, research, and dissemination.
– Creativity, a global and innovative vision, dynamism, and initiative as demonstrated in curated exhibitions, finished projects, published texts, papers at conferences, and participation in roundtables devoted to contemporary art practices and industrial creation.
– Demonstrated thorough knowledge of art systems (criticism, market, artists, associations, institutions) as well as new emerging models of contemporary cultural production.
– To have a demonstrable network of national and international contacts (with particular emphasis on Europe) in the field of art, technology, and contemporary industrial creation, in order to be able to contribute to maintaining the position of LABoral as a centre of international projection and to develop an outstanding activity programme in close collaboration with other institutions, so the Centre can be a leader in international collaborative projects.
– Be capable of advancing knowledge and programming exchanges with similar or complementary centres, institutions, or organisations in order to position and integrate the Centre within local, national, and international collaborative networks.
– Accredited know-how and experience in the field of research and development and business, social, scientific and technological innovation and in the creation and management of frameworks for interdisciplinary collaboration.
– To have ability to communicate expert knowledge, and to promote the involvement and participation of diverse audiences.
– Accredited ability and experience in proposing, implementing and developing lines of collaboration with the context of the local and regional community in which LABoral is located, with the purpose of cooperating with and advancing it.
– Knowledge of digital communication tools (web, social networks, etc.) and ability to get the most out of them within the LABoral field of action (artistic purposes, archives, mediation and dynamisation).
– Ability to represent LABoral across all spheres in order to develop and expand internal and external relationship networks.
– Good communication and teamwork skills.
– Demonstrated skills in communication, negotiation, planning, and management.
– Ability to adapt to diverse circumstances (artistic, socio-economic, and/or institutional) and to contribute solutions to adjust to each of them while adhering to the spirit and philosophy of the Centre.
– Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the network of agents who may contribute economic and cultural resources to the institution, as well as the capacity to develop alliances and strategies in collaboration with Senior Management that will attract, engage with and enrich this network of partners.
– Full command of English and Spanish.
– The Artistic Director will lead the team in the management and coordination of the activities to be developed by the Foundation. He/She will be asked to examine the organization chart and propose to the Board of Trustees the necessary changes to ameliorate the activities programme, prioritizing the growth of the team and supporting them in order to achieve ambitious objectives.
- Encouraging a team spirit to strengthen the institution, locally, nationally and internationally.
- He/She will be held responsible for the activities’ budget with the support of the Managing Director. He/She will establish the budget and the income scheme for the activities, using private and public resources for this purpose. He/She will develop a dynamic fundraising strategy, trying to involve corporations and individuals in order to balance the activities programme and the resources that are put in his/her disposal.
– Responsible for developing a programming strategy for every area of the Centre: production, education, research.
– Will lead the development of a theoretical discourse in the framework of the direction and management project of LABoral and the conceptual lines that derive from it.
– Will draw the conceptual lines of LABoral through production and research projects, exhibitions, encounters, or any other activities.
– Will establish programming lines that will promote the integration of activities in such a way that all areas (production, education, and research) will complement one another.
– In the elaboration of the activities programme, the Artistic Director will take into account the importance of contributing to the maintenance and expansion of a broad community of users.
– The Artistic Director will be actively involved in the Asturian art scene and think of strategies for its promotion, development through training, integration, and other opportunities in the global context.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications should be sent, before 00 pm 28 August 2015, to the Secretary of La Fundación D. José Pedreira, vía email to email@example.com or by registered post in a sealed envelope that, on the outside, visibly indicates
“CALL FOR THE POST OF ARTISTIC DIRECTOR to
LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial
Los Prados, 121. 33394 Gijón
Cover letter, CV
Application form [+]
About LABoral [+]